- Service revenue grew 5.9% (7.0% excluding changes to the mobile termination rate (‘MTR’))to TZS966.3 billion, marking an upward shift to the annual growth trend seen over the past three years.
- M-Pesa revenue grew 16.7% to TZS291.2 billion, fuelled by greater customer spend across a growing mobile money ecosystem.
- Mobile Data revenue grew 34.7%, achieving TZS141.6 billion, supported by network densification, capacity upgrades and 4G expansion.
- Active data customers grew by 882 thousand to 7.3 million, stimulated by digital social media partnerships and smartphone campaigns.
- EBITDA grew 5.5% to TZS266.4 billion, representing an EBITDA margin of 27.2%.
- Capital expenditure of TZS159.7 billion was reinvested to launch high speed 4G services in
five new cities and improve data user experience countrywide.
- Earnings per share (‘EPS’) of TZ83.81, up 196.0%, includes gain from the sale of an equity
stake in Helios Towers Tanzania Limited (‘HTT’) in October 2017.
Dar-es-Salaam, 11 May 2018. Vodacom Tanzania Public Limited Company and its subsidiaries (together “the Group”) announced its preliminary consolidated results for the year ended 31 March 2018.
The Group reported a 5.9% growth in service revenue which marks an upward shift in the growth trend seen over the past three years. In spite of a challenging trading environment, the Group exceeded the projected net profit for the year shown in its IPO prospectus, growing EPS by 196% to 83.81 shillings per share. This included gain from the sale of the Group’s equity stake in Helios Towers Tanzania in October 2017.
Speaking in Dar es Salaam, Vodacom’s Managing Director, Mr. Ian Ferrao said, “The upward shift in service revenue growth and underlying improvement in profitability is underpinned by our success in delivering a superior data user experience and an ever- evolving mobile money ecosystem to our customers.”
Expounding on reported results, Ferrao added, “Good execution of network investments, customer value management, promotional offers, and targeted M-Pesa and datapropositions, all contributed to the year’s solid performance and earnings per share of TZS83.81.”
Mkurugenzi wa Wilaya ya Ukerewe mkoani Mwanza...Read more