TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and Axle Load Control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
Regional Manager, TANROADS – DAR ES SALAAM on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizens to fill 27 posts for specific duties on contract basis at a newly installed axle load Weighbridge at Kurasini in Dar es Salaam. Successful candidates must be ready to work on all working days, Weekends and during Public holidays, away from his permanent station as situation warrant. Must be willina to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
Regional Manager TANROADS -Dar es Salaam invites interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR-(21 POSTS)
Key Qualifications for the Weighbridge Operator;
- Must be Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education Certificate,
- Must be Holder of full Technician Certificate in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC), (Higher qualification will be advantageous);
- Must be Computer literate (Atleast Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Must not be above 35 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Weighbridge Operator
The holder of this post who reports to Shift In – Charge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
- Weighing Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) >3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non- compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advice;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In – Charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In – Charge / ALCS.
TANROADS Salary Scale 4.1 (TRS 4.1)
- All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and original certified copies of their birth certificates and all other relevant academic and professional certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 8th February, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please Apply to:
Dar es Salaam.
Tel: 22 2450185/2450046 Fax: 22 2450626