RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute that provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide.
RTI is seeking Regional Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist to be based in Zanzibar who will be responsible at the regional level for building the capacity of GoZ counterparts in evidence-based planning and budgeting that focus on curriculum delivery and on learning outcomes by using data from the School Information System (SIS) and the Decentralized Periodic Learning Assessment (DPLA) as well as to gather and report data necessary for measuring success of Jifunze Uelewe.
- Regional Lead for Outcome 2: Strengthened capacity of local and regional governments to sustain improved learning outcomes.
- Provide oversight on Data collection, Analysis, Reporting and Use for Informed Decision Making at Schools, LGAs and Ministry level in Zanzibar.
- Build the capacity of the Regional Secretariat (RS) to plan and deliver regional activities, based on monthly implementation plans using DPLA, SIS, and other data sources.
- Oversee the rollout of School Information System (SIS) and system capacity building to use data in planning, budgeting and decision making to improve learning outcomes.
- Build the capacity of Regional and Local Government Authority (LGA) Education offices to use SIS and DPLA data to set and communicate expectations for school performance.
- Strengthen the capacity of Regional and LGA Education offices to assess and document the annual material replacement needs.
- Build the capacity of Regional and LGA Education offices in identifying the needs of LGAs and schools and allocating resources (particularly additional training, coaching support and extra learning opportunities for pupils) based on core functions (setting expectations; monitoring against expectations, allocate resources based on the gap)
- Collaborate with Regional and LGA Education offices to collect program data to report against performance indicators including participating in studies and evaluations conducted by the program.
- Provide support to LGA counterparts to ensure that there is evidence that teachers are applying strategies they trained on to improve pupils learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with Regional and LGA Education offices in managing and updating a regional continuous professional development (CPD) database.
- Contribute in writing program quarterly and annual reporting.
More generally: provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of regional activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of experience in data collection and evaluation activities, particularly in school or community settings. Or Master’s degree with 6 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and application of its tools
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies
- Database development and retrieval
- Development of data collection tools
- Data analysis using SPSS or any other software.
- Microsoft Office application
- Excellent written communication skills in Kiswahili and English
Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer 1 Job Vacancy at RTI International
Experience in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of M&E Strategy
- Organization’s capacity assessment
- Sub-national social sector monitoring and evaluation
- Early grade literacy and mathematics
- School level data collection
- Electronic data collection (on tablet) and field work supervision
- Coordinating adult training
- USAID programming
- Communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Support and respond to program data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making.
- Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands.
- Pay attention to details and set priorities.
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.