Head of M-Pesa Sales & Distribution Job Vacancy at Vodacom Tanzania Plc
Responsible for the overall management of M-Pesa Sales and distribution channels within M-Pesa Ltd. This includes but not limited to formulation and implementation of M-PESA distribution strategies, effective acquisition of New M-Pesa Customers and maintain effective customers touchpoints to drive adoption of M-Pesa products & Services, management of M-Pesa agents and Super Agents network, overall management of M-Pesa distribution staff, ensuring continuous performance and achievements of KPI’s, contributing towards the drafting of budgets, management of divisional expenditure, management and implementation of the company’s administrative, financial policies and channel compliance.
Design and implement M-Pesa sales and distribution strategy.
• Manage acquisition of M-Pesa new customers.
• Set key KPIs for M-Pesa agent network acquisition and support.
• Set operational standards and guidelines to support operations of channels and staff.
Manage all channels of M-Pesa distribution
• Identify and recommend potential M-PESA Super Agents, agents and key strategic distribution partners
• Manage super agents and agents’ performance, ensuring set KPIs are met. Key KPIs include float levels, SIM stock holding and electronic airtime availability in all M-Pesa outlets
• Evaluate and manage daily national M-Pesa distribution team activities.
• In coordination with heads of regions ensure set route disciplines are observed by Super Agents, outsourced (TDR’s) staff and company employees.
• Develop reward schemes for high performing agents while setting penalties for non-performers
• Coordinate M-Pesa on the ground promotions, agent training and activation activities
• Identify M-PESA distribution gaps and share the same with regional heads, direct reports and partners for remedial action
Coordinate with responsible divisions on availability of M-Pesa agent PoS Branding and merchandizing materials
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related course.
• Masters in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification
• 3-5 years of varied experience in Sales & Distribution ~ 2years at a senior level.
• Extensive knowledge of telecoms business and value chain and sound understanding of distribution models and route to market.
• Telecom analytical skills both local and regional
• Experience in using technology to drive sales and team productivity
• Ability to innovate and deliver value to business at multiple levels will play an important role
• Ability to manage large scale with a very wide geographical scope across region of assignment
• Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver business solution
• High on interpersonal skills and able to relate at all levels within the business.
• Sound sales & Distribution experience – combination of both FMCG/Telco marketing
• Customer intimacy
• Keen on end to end to distributor and staff issues.
• Sound analytical skills
• Strong communication skills and should be able to lead cross functional teams.
• High level of planning & execution capabilities
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.